Add consoles with smart plug
console, smart, plug, power
If you want to control the device's power directly, you can use the Sonoff smart plug.
Note: We recommend using the Sonoff smart plug only to control the power of the TV where the console is connected. and do not use the smart plug directly to control the power of the consoles it won’t shut it down properly.
(How to connect the smart device with the console: wire->smart device->wire->socket->console NOT socket → wire -> smart device -> wire -> console. So you don't need to cut off your console wire. normally install the smart device under the pc desktop.)
Currently, DIY mode is supported by those devices.
- Sonoff Basic R3-Tested over wifi connection and worked. (out of stock)
- Sonoff RFR3-Tested over a LAN connection and worked. (out of stock)
- Sonoff MiniR2 - Current in sale and supported. (in stock)
1. To prepare the Sonoff smart plug to use it on iCafeCloud, you should enable DIY mode on version 1.0. Then you have to put the jumper on the designated pins on the Sonoff R3 board (Figure 1).
Without Jumper (factory default) —-> eWeLink MODE
With Plugged-in Jumper —---> DIY MODE
2. How to enter the DIY MODE
Unscrew the screws on the bottom, open the bottom lid
Plug-in the jumper on GPIO 16.
PS: you must disconnect the device from the power supply before you operate DIY MODE switch.
The way to switch into DIY mode of the new version (2.0) is totally different with the 1.0 version.
No enclosure disassembly and no jumper plug-in are needed.
a) Press and hold the pairing button until the indicator flashes frequently (5sec or more) after it the device is turned on.
DIY MODE LED blinking:
Fast single blinking -- The device does not connect to the WiFi (Router or Hotspot)
Fast double blinking -- The device connects to the WiFi successfully able to be discovered through mDNS and respond the request from LAN network.
b) Connect to the Access Point named ITEAD-XXXXXXXXXX with default password 12345678 via mobile phone or PC.
c) A webpage for the configuration of the WiFi network that the device will connect with is stored in a DIY mode device that can be accessed via the URL http://10.10.7.1/.
d) Fill in the details of the existing WiFi network's SSID and password.
e) Reboot the device and it will connect to the WiFi network.
f) Entering DIY mode successfully with specific WiFi network connected.
In case the device didnt connected with DYI mode , download the ewelink app on the phone connect with sonoff hardware with the phone app and then , Delete it to reset the sonoff device and try again the procedure.
More details find from link: SONOFF DYI MODE
3. Once the device is in DIY mode and connected to Wi-Fi, open the devices page on CP and click the "Scan smart devices" button (Figure 2). The iCafeCloud Server will scan all Sonoff devices and automatically create devices in CP.
When a session for a smart device starts, the device will power on automatically. When a user checks out, the device will turn off.
4. You can also manually control the power of Sonoff devices in CP (Figure 3).
Sonoff MiniR2 setup
1. Connect wires securely.
2. Power on the MiniR2 device.
3. If the device is already added to the Sonoff App, delete it (refer to figure 1, 2 and 3).
4. Press the button for 5 seconds.
5. Press the button for 5 seconds again.
6. Use the Sonoff App to add the device. If not added previously, you may skip this step.
7. If the device wasn't added to the app, accessing 10.10.7.1 in step 10 might be problematic.(refer to figure 1 to 10)
8. Press the button for 5 seconds.
9. Press the button for 5 seconds again.
10. Connect your phone to the WiFi network ITEAD-XXXXXXXX with the password 12345678 (refer to diy-1.jpg to diy-4.jpg).
11. Access 10.10.7.1.
12. Input the WiFi SSID and password for your local network.
13. Save the settings.
14. Power off the device and then power it on again.