Saved played game
Important: Before you follow the instructions to enable the save game function. You need to make sure that you are able to access the “iCafeCloudShare” folder shared on the iCafeCloud Server.
If the client cannot access the shared folder, then the save game function will not work.
When you login to the iCafeMenu client and run a game. If the game has a save path set, then your save files will be saved to the server.
- Click the settings button on the “Games” page(Figure 1).
- Enable the game save function. Then you will be able to set game save drive, limitation in MB, time period to save the user and user files and saved game load time (Figure 2).
- Edit the game and in the “Game Save” field, you can write a path that will be saved to the server (Figure 3).
List of environment variables:
- %userprofile% it is like: C:\Users\%username%
- %PROGRAMDATA% it is like: C:\ProgramData\
- %SystemDrive% it is like: C:\
- %LOCALAPPDATA% it is like: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local
- %APPDATA% it is like: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming
For games with one folder to save just write the path where games write saves.
Example: %userprofile%\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\
Some games have two folders to save, for example one folder with configs and one with game saves, so in this case you should add path to two folders from different locations use the vertical bar ( | ) between each path.
Example: %userprofile%\Documents\My Games\RockstarGames\|%LOCALAPPDATA%\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames\
Some games write saves on the game folder, for these games you should just write a path where saves are placed without a game path.
- Unlike in older version of icafemenu and icafecloud the save path shouldnot end with *.*. It should always end with \ .
- If the save path of the game is inside the game folder then your save path should be -> GamePath\save folder\
- If the "Game Save" option is enabled, the userdata folder for Steam, located at "steampath\userdata," will be redirected to "\\server_ip\icafecloudshare\users\SteamData"
Auto User Data Creation
iCafeCloud now has an automatic user data creation feature that saves data to the link folder at icafecloudshare\users\steamdata. When a user logs in and plays a game, their data will be automatically created in this folder.
Note that iCafeMenu will only delete the ugc and ugcmsgcache folders, and this process is set to occur every 24 hours. If you want to disable this option, edit the "clean-file.bat" file by deleting the script, and then save the changes. To prevent accidental changes, it's important to change the file to "read-only".
This will not affect the game settings, as they are saved in a different folder.